Sunday, April 20, 2014

O Tempora, O Mores!

In olden and I don't hesitate to call them better times, not that long ago really, it was customary for a suitor to pay a visit to the father of the intended bride or groom to ask for the beloved child's hand in marriage. During the visit the suitor would be asked to state his case and give provide proof of his good intentions, his suitability and his means to keep the beloved child in a manor to which it had become accustomed.

Those are now bygone days I am sad to say. Yesterday while I was hastily going through the latest updates on Facebook, after my hot and steamy shower and immediately before I hit the Egyptian linens that cover my stately fourposter bed, I - by pure chance, I swear - came across the announcement below.

You can of course imagine my complete and utter state of shock at seeing this news.

Add to this the fact that I had spoken to the two no less than twenty minutes earlier without being told a word about this news that they now flaunted for all the world to see.

Luckily for me and the two newlyweds, I was in communications with my royal consort at the time of this discovery, otherwise a troop of the Southern Charm palace guards would have been sent out to search for and apprehend the two and throw them into the dungeons beneath the palace - in separate cells, mind you - to stew until it suited my pleasure to speak to them, in a year or two.

However, my wiser and more sensible spouse convinced me that we must change with the times and accept the fact.

"Both the boys are old enough to know what they want and do as they wish", he told me and also reminded me of the fact that I had myself been rather hastily married to him not long ago. Although I told Tomais that was not at all the same thing, as neither he or I had fathers that could be approached  and that we had waited two months. I also added that both the newlyweds had personally made me a firm promise not to jump the guns.

"They are young", he said, "you must forgive them, lover. We will both send good thoughts to them and hope that everything will go well!" I realized of course, that Tomais advice was - as always - sound but told him I still needed to sleep on it to come to terms with it. Tomais agreed that that might be the best thing to do, considering my weakened state.

So today I, the Much Honored Bock McMillan, laird of Southern Charm, prince of Cascade Falls, Sovereign Ruler of the Commonwealth of Southern Enchantment Region and Outer Territories and finally UN appointed Protector of the Solace Island and Mount Whitney sims in SecondLife, am here to tell you all the following.

From the bottom of my heart I congratulate Crown Prince Guyke, Prince of Paradijs, and Mr. Garrett Smith Esq., a Texan of no - as yet - known royal lineage, to their recent wedding. I also heartily welcome Garrett Smith into the family, where he shall be given a place at the main table at all formal state occasions. In due course he may, or may not, be given a suitable title.

2 comments :

  1. There's been some development on the Latter... Since I myself, as a Prince of B, Crownprince to the house of Oh, decided it was time to end the mystery and participate in a DNA test... My shock was big though, turns out he's not even a half, but a FULL brother of mine, sharing both mother AND father.... One of the few men that actually married her majesty, and the one and only, KING of B... Ouch....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful news, Kahvy! So Garrett is no only of royal lineage but even the second in line to the throne of The Netherlands in SecondLife? This is truly amazing news, all I am thinking of now is sort of "Game-of-Thones"-like... but I will let my scheming comes as a surprise to you. Wait for my next move! ;)

      Delete

If you are overtly offensive or go way off topic your comment may be deleted.

If you see an offensive or spammy comment you believe should be deleted, please inform me and I'll be forever grateful and give you my first born (although, you'll probably not want that).